Choc Avo Vegan Ice Cream
No doubt this summer is going to be a HOT one! There’s nothing better than chilled ice cream to keep you cool – this is my go too Nice Cream recipe so I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! With Cacao making it the yummy chocolate flavour & avocado creating the thick consistency you’ll LOVE.
Don’t be mistaken, the avocado flavour wont be tasted in this recipe, as it will be overpowered by the cacao – it is purely included for the texture & it’s seriously the secret weapon!
PLUS you won’t even need a Ice Cream Maker for this recipe! Easy peasy.
- 1 large Avocado
- 1/4 cup of Cacao
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk
- 3 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup/ Dates
- 1/4 cup of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- Optional 1x Frozen Banana for EXTRA creaminess
- Blend the Avocado & Coconut Milk together
- Add the remaining ingredients for another 2 minutes until smooth & completely incorporated.
- Place the icy mixture into a freeze safe container and freeze for 1 hour.
- Whisk slightly each 20 minutes to avoid getting to icy, for 3-4 hours. It should be getting thicker each time and eventually be firm enough to scoop
- To eat – serve immediately when you are ready!
- Optional add on: Fruit, chocolate fudge etc. Have fun with it!
If the preparation time is just too much for your busy schedule, be sure to check out the ‘Nice Cream’ range from Botanika Blends – the mixture is protein based and cuts the creating time in HALF.