Moujadara - Groats & Lentil Dish
Moujadara is a grain and lentil side dish that is packed with fibre and a delicious addition to any meal. Easy to cook and prepare, this will become a staple nutritious meal.
- 1 cup of dried groats
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- 1 can of brown lentils
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Cook the groats according to the packet. ie. In a medium pot, add the groats and water, bring to a boil and simmer for around 30-40 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- In a large frying pan add a splash of oil and the onion, and saute until slightly golden.
- Add in the spices and mix for about 1 minute.
- Add in the cooked groats and lentils, stirring until well combined.
- Add the salt and pepper and serve will a little extra fresh olive oil and salt on top. Yum!
Thought wed switch it up and give you a recipe for something a bit more savoury! Full of Plant Protein, fibre and just good ole nutrition!
Created by: @carascrazycreations