Rainy Taco Tuesday
South East Queensland hasn’t been looking very much like the ‘Sunshine State’ lately. While you’re cuddled up at home, we bet you’re craving a lovely warm home cooked meal, and since I’m writing this on a Tuesday – it’s also TACO NIGHT.
So I give you, a vegan taco slight spicy recipe, rope the entire family in on this one and make this rainy night just a little less dreary! You’ll want to keep reading for a ton of other taco filling ideas 🌮
Vegan Chorizo Potato Tacos
- Large Onion
- Soy Chorizo
- Cooked Potatoes
- For toppings: pico de gallo, vegan sour cream, and avocado
- Cook the onions over medium high in a wide skillet. Add the chorizo to the onions, break it apart and cook until it’s getting brown.
- Then, add in your cooked, cubed potato and cook until everything is heated through.
- Turn a Stove top on low, then add a tortilla to the burner using tongs.
- Warm the tortilla over the heat for 20-30 seconds, until it’s getting little light brown spots. Then, flip and cook another 20 seconds on the other side. Alternatively, you could warm your tortillas in the microwave.
- Place all the ingredients together in each tortilla and SERVE.
- ENJOY 💚
Recipe + Photo Credit: Very Veganish
VEGAN TACO FILLING IDEAS:
- 🥔 Potatoes – Oven roasted with garlic, ground cumin, chili powder & salt
- 🥔 Hash browns
- 🍠 Sweet potatoes – roasted or mashed with spices
- 🧅 Onions – sautéed/charred, caramelized or raw
- 🌶 Jalapeños – pickled, sautéed or raw
- 🍅 Tomatoes
- 🌽 Corn – steamed or roasted
- Black Beans – whole, seasoned with cumin and garlic
- Pinto Beans – mashed or refried (make sure they’re vegetarian)
- 🍄 Mushrooms – sautéed or grilled
- 🥕 Carrot
- Zucchini or Yellow Summer Squash – sautéed or grilled
- 🥬 Spinach – raw or cooked
- 🥬 Kale – cooked or mixed in other veggies
- 🥬 Lettuce – shredded on top or used instead of tortilla
- Purple cabbage – shredded
- 🥑 Avocado – sliced raw or turned into green salsa
- Baked tofu
- Cashew sour cream
- 🍅 Pico de Gallo
- 🥑 Guacamole
- 🧀 Vegan chile con queso nacho cheese sauce
- 🧅 Pickled Purple Onions
- 🥕 Pickled Carrots and Onions
- 🌶 Pickled Sliced Jalapeños
- Baked tortilla strips – for crunch
- Quinoa – cooked with taco seasoning or any of the below seasonings
- 🍚 Rice – plain, Spanish rice or Cilantro Lime Rice
- 🥦 Cauliflower – roasted or “riced” with taco seasoning
- 🥦 Broccoli – roasted or raw, cut into tiny pieces
Credit: Very Veganish