Strawberry Nice Cream Bars
We LOVE a good, vegan sweet treat! Even better when it includes Macro Mike protein. Let us introduce you to another @eatingforfuel recipe!
Strawberry nice cream bars! 🍓 If you’re after a simple #glutenfree recipe for a refreshing treat, these have your name all over them 😇
INGREDIENTS: GF, DF
✅ 300g DF yoghurt, plain or berry
✅ 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
✅ 1 cup frozen strawberries
✅ Optional: you can also add in a scoop of protein powder for a protein kick! We recommend Macro Mike’s strawberry cheesecake 🍓 Just add one more tbsp of coconut oil.
✅ 100g of sugar free dark chocolate and some diced almonds!
1. Line a deep slice tray with parchment paper and set aside
2. For the base, simply combine all ingredients until smooth. I used a spatula as the mixture is quite thick. Press the base down flat into the lined dish.
3. For the filling, use a food processor or blender to combine the yoghurt, frozen strawberries, coconut oil and protein powder if using. Once smooth, pour over the base and pop into the freezer.
4. Now melt your dark chocolate for the top. Once smooth, pour over the strawberry layer, top with almonds and place back in the freezer to set for at least 3-4 hours.
5. Once set, chop into bars or squares and enjoy! Keep frozen, but let defrost for a few minutes before serving.