The Healthy Italian Gnocchi
The infamous Italian dish, filled with carbs and sure to fill you up while pairing it with a great glass of red wine. We’ve made your favourite pasta dish gluten free and vegan! Plus a tad healthier, guilt free? Possibly. Surprise your friends and family at a dinner party – they’ll really ENJOY this spin off to the globally loved original.
This dish wouldn’t be nearly as good if we hadn’t found the BEST gluten free & vegan pre made gnocchi! By Difatti – they have such a selection! Today we’re using my favourite – the spinach gnocchi. However, they also plain, pumpkin & quinoa, & tomato! AND we sell them! Shop HERE.
- 2x Difatti Spinach Gnocchi Packs
- 1x Zito Organic Basilico Pasta Sauce (Vine Ripened Tomato & Basil)
- 1/2 – 1 Cup Mozzarella Style Cheese – Dairy Free Down Under (Available Instore)
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast (available Instore)
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
- Onion Salt to taste
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- Follow the pasta packet for cooking instructions – Bring pot of water to boil and cook pasta for directed amount of time. Sprinkle salt in pot as pasta boils.
- In another small pot, simmer the sauce.
- Add the entire amount of Nutritional Yeast into the sauce as it simmers, and half of the Dairy Free Mozzarella (leave other half for toppings), as well as the Onion Salt.
- Drain the Gnoochi, once cooked and place into serving bowls.
- On a pan, fry the mushrooms with your chosen oil.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, add to sauce and stir all together.
- Add to the Gnocchi, and finish with sprinkling extra cheese on top and seasoning to taste.
Ditch the restaurant tonight and give this healthier (but just as tasty!) cheezzzy gnocchi dish a go in the comfort of your own home!
Tag us! @greenlifewarehouse