5 Hacks to Maintain your Immunity During the Colder Months
It’s no stranger to us all.. the dreaded ‘change in the weather’ flu. Whether it is Autumn into Winter, or Winter into Spring – the change in weather tends to test our immunity!
I’m going to share with you, FIVE of my personal favourite hacks to kill off an oncoming cold. These work for me from my own personal experience, however I am not a health expert so take this information with a grain of salt.
If you have any valuable health hacks you’d like to share – comment on our last post!
1. Vitamin C Supplements
- I take 4x Vitamin C Supplements as soon as I feel flu symptoms come on. However, I only take this much ONCE, wouldn’t recommend taking a high dose multiple times. Often, I’ll wake up the next day and voila, all gone (at least in my case)! I also take 1x Vitamin Supplement every day regardless of the season.
2. High-quality air purifier
- Put a high-quality air purifier in an air diffuser overnight. I recommend – 2 drops each of lavender, lemon, and peppermint oil blended with 1 drop of tea tree oil. This works a treat for getting rid of any toxic chemicals in the air + helping you breathe better if you are struggling with the flu AND making you sleep better! WIN WIN
3. HIIT Exercise
- If you feel as though your energy levels have dropped as a result of the change of weather.. integrating just 15 minutes of HIIT into your exercise routine, is a great pick me up! This also improves your immune response. It is a really easy and quick hack to beat the sluggishness Winter can bring. After all, they do say that 30 minutes of exercise is equivalent to 2 coffee espressos!
- Magnesium one of the most common mineral deficiencies, and not enough of this vital mineral affects your immune system and your sleep. A great hack I discovered a few years ago, was putting edible ‘Magnesium Salts’ in your water and drinking it daily (this also got rid of my constant headaches and increased my hydration). Better yet, add some fresh lemon in your water as well for a major health kick! Magnesium is known for keeping your heart beating steadily and your immune system strong! (Harvard Health, 2019)
5. Vitamin D
- Yes it’s no surprise that the big ball of fiery energy supplies us with a pretty important vitamin, one that every living thing needs to survive. No biggie, right? With a lot of us staying indoors for most of the day, or even completely working from home. It’s become even more important to schedule out time in your day to soak up some Vitamin D. Recommended is 10-30 minutes, from 11am – 1pm (midday sun). Receiving adequate Vitamin D is a huge contributor to an individual’s overall health!
Health is wealth kids, and the more knowledge you gain within the space, the richer you become! Find what works for you and implement those hacks for the rest of your life, because nobody likes being sick.